To Learn more about Mormons

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 1 in Ecuador

My companion is Elder Erickson from Idaho, we are in charge of two sectors which means double the work. Two of everything... ward councils, two tracting areas, and two sacraments. My first night i didnt really sleep but i am sleeping fine now cause of how tired i am. I havent really made food but there is lots of food on the streets here and its really good. We can get tons of bread for like a quarter. First week was great. Very first day i had lessons and a few days in we were walking with an old lady in the street who is a member and she asked for a blessing so we gave her one and it was really cool. I can now understand what people say but have a harder time talking to them. I love my president and his wife they are both really cool. I really like it here and i can see three volcanoes from my apartment when i study. One is active and is smoking every morning. I did the oil  for the blessing. I have had pizza lots of rice, and today i ate papipollo wich is a ton of fries with a piece of fried chicken on it.  Oh i forgot to tell you about the  four places in my mission. One is coast where they speak really fast and lots of seafood, One is the city where i am which is real cool, One is the jungle where there are pythons, jaguars, and monkeys, but the coolest is the indiginous area. The people  there sound real cool. President kimble said they are the purest lamanites in the world...  If i serve there i would have to start learning another language called kichwa.

Elder Roney











No comments:

Post a Comment